Summer is in full swing and so are the bright colors of the season. This aqua blue pillow bracelet is just right to set the mood for a lazy, outdoor, soak up some sun, poolside with a great book and an iced drink kind of feeling… even if you are inside on the computer. 😉
- 21 inches x beading wire of choice
- 1 x Clasp antique silver: 94-6157-12
- 2 x ‘2×2’ Crimps
- 2 x Crimp covers: 01-0032-01
- 10 x 2 Hole Pillow Shaped Beads (two strands) – Aqua
- 1 x Small heart charm: ND-sh-ssb
- 1 x Jump ring: 01-0016-61
- 1 x Head pin: 01-0028-01
- 1 x 4mm Bicone Crystal Satin
- 30 x 8/0 All metal seed beads – Nickel
1. Cut beading wire to 21 inches; attach one end of the clasp to the middle of the wire with a crimp bead;
2. Add two nickel heavy metal seed beads, to both strands together; then split the wire and add four more more seed beads, two to each strand;
3. Add one pillow bead to the wires; then add two more seed beads, one to each strand until all ten pillow beads have been used (or till desired length);
4. Add four more seed beads, two to each strand; then add two seed beads to both strands of wire together;
5. Attach the other end of the clasp with the crimp bead; thread the wire back through a couple of beads then trim the ends;
6. Attach bicone to head pin; trim head pin a make a simple loop; use pliers to attach head pin to the clasp;
7.Use two pliers to attach the heart charm to a jump ring and then the jump ring to the clasp.
- Use a different finish like copper or gold to fit your taste and your liking;
- Use different colors of two hole pillow beads (you can mix and match, or use one color);
- Use different charms and/or a different clasp… check out the new summer 2014 Nunn Design charms and clasps!
- A great looking color combination to consider is the erinite green pillow beads with antique copper 8/0 all metal seed beads; and of course you could then change out an antique copper clasp and charm for silver.
- You could also use the two holed oval shaped beads in place of the pillow shaped beads; in which case you might need to put two or three seed beads in between the ovals instead of one.