I forget sometimes how much I like the look of mixed metals! These earrings were a lot of fun to make. They could be varied in endless ways by using the components & metals of your choice.
These earrings could also be inspiration to you for what to do with the random bits of chain, beads, & components you have laying around leftover from other projects.
- 2 x Earwires SS / 3mm Bead
- 2 x Heishi Faceted 5mm Antique Gold
- 4 x Heishi Faceted 3mm Antique Silver
- 2 x Head Pin – 2″ – 22G Copper
- 4 x Jump Ring 9mm – Textured Circle Antique Gold
- 2 x Jump Ring 9mm – Textured Circle Antique Silver
- 2 x Jump Ring 9mm – Textured Circle Antique Copper
- 2 x Feather Charm – Antique Gold
- 2 x Link – Beaded Ring 1″ Antique Silver
- 2 x 1.25” Floating Circles Chain – Antique Copper
- 2 x 1.25” Chain ~ Crystal Rosary Link Chain 3mm Antique Silver
- Use a Gold jump-ring to attach the ear wires to the beaded ring.
- Use a copper jump-ring to attach the gold feather to the beaded ring.
- Get out your head pins. Add a silver heishi, a gold heishi, then another silver heishi to a head pin, and finish it off with a wrapped loop to complete a drop.
- Use a Gold jump-ring to attach a link of crystal chain to the beaded ring. at the other end of the crystal chain, open the loop to attach your drop you made with the heishis.
- Use a silver jump ring to attach a length of copper floating circles chain to the beaded ring.
- Repeat these steps to complete the other earring.
Presto! You are done!
The sky is the limit! Take a look at the miscellaneous pieces of chain, beads & charms that you have left over from projects. Use your favorite charms, or charms that have meaning to you. Mix whatever metals, you prefer! Have fun with it!