We’re starting to think about New Years Eve and wanted to make something with a little more bling to help enliven the festivities! So of course, Swarovski crystals came to mind first 🙂
I choose to use princess cut beads in Crystal Blue Shade as the focal point. I love this color as it can work just as well in a winter wonderland and it can in spring or summer.
I like jewelry that is simple and elegant. Although, I can easily see this necklace done with one or two more of the smaller crystals on each side of the main bead (just space them out as you like). In which case, you might make the necklace longer as this one fits more like a choker.
- 2 x 5040 12mm Princess-Cut Crystal Blue Shade
- 1 x 5040 18mm Crystal Blue Shade
- 22GA Titanium or Silver parawire
- 2 feet of Chain ~ Small Fine Cable Chain Bright Silver (you won’t need that much but it is sold by the foot)
- 1 x Hammered Toggle Ring – Bright Silver
- 1 x Hammered Toggle Bar – Silver
- 1 pair Rhodium Silver Crystal Earwires
- 10 x Jumpring – Oval Small 20G Bright Rhodium
To Make the Necklace:
- Make a wrapped loop with the parawire and the large bead.
- Decide how long you want the necklace to be and cut your chain. If you want to make a choker like this one they are usually 14″-16″. I just like to measure my own neck as I am making it to make sure it fits how I like.
- Attach half of the chain you cut to one side of the wrapped loop with a jump ring. Repeat for the other side.
- Then attach your Toggle Ring and Bar to the other ends with jump rings.
To Make the Earrings:
- Make a wrapped loop with the parawire and the two smaller beads.
- Cut four pieces of chain that include nine links each.
- Attach the four pieces of chain to the wrapped loops with four jump rings.
- Join the two pieces of chain with a jump ring to complete the top of your triangle.
- Thread this jump ring through the earwire and adjust as necessary so that it hangs properly.