Do you have some January birthdays that you could use a really quick, easy, and pretty set of earrings for? If so, I’ve got you covered today.
I think that these jeweled charms from Nunn Design are a great go-to for quick birthstone jewelry. January’s birthstone is garnet, so I chose to use these pretty antiqued gold decorative tags with garnet to make a super quick pair of earrings that look gorgeous.
I’m really fond of the rope jump rings. I think that the little extra detail can add a lot to a design. In this instance, I made them a highlight of the design by making simple chainmail rosette links with them.
- 2 x Decorative Tag Small Circle Bezel Garnet – Antique Gold
- 6 x Jump Ring 11mm – Large Rope Antique Gold
- 4 x Jumpring – Round 6mm, 19G Gold Plate
- 2 x Jumpring Oval Small 20G Gold Plate
- 1 pair Earwire Leverback Small Antique Gold
- To make a chainmail rosette link, get out three of your 11mm rope jump ring.
- Close one of the jump rings, and open the other two.
- Attach an open jump ring to the closed one and close it so that they are linked together. Lay them on top of each other as in this picture:
- With the two attached jump rings laying on top of each other, slide your third open jump ring through both of them, and close it, as shown in this picture:
- Once these three jump rings are attached in this way, you can lay them all on each other to create a rosette link like this:
- When you have completed one, make another!
- Attach a small oval jump ring to the holes in each of the leverback earwires.
- Use 6mm round jump rings to attach your rosette links to your garnet decorative tags.
- Use another 6mm round jump ring to attach your rosette links to the small oval jump rings on the earwires.
Presto! That is it!
Have fun creating!