In thinking about Valentine’s Day this year, I wanted to make something elegant and a little bit vintage. As I was walking through the shop one day, I came across a tray of Kabela and Swarovski Filigree components that I had never seen before. These great, little flower connectors jumped out at me, which was all the inspiration I needed to come up with these beautiful earrings…
I also really love the Brandy Coated, Ruby Swarovski crystals. They are a dark red, and the brandy coating adds a depth and richness to the color. The earrings are intended to convey elegance and passion, perfect for celebrating love and romance… and an evening by candlelight.
- 2 x Antique Copper – Beloved Flower Connector
- 2 x 16mm Pear Shaped Ruby Brandy
- 1 pair Earwires NB Copper / Reg Loop (90-5178-01)
- 2 x Jumpring – Oval Medium 20G – Brass Oxide
- 2 x Jumpring Oval Small 20G Brass Oxide
- 6 links of Vintaj 2.5mm Small Cable Chain
- Add the medium jump-ring to the pear shaped crystal, repeat for the second crystal. If you don’t know how to open and close a jump-ring, watch our YouTube tutorial here.
- Use a cutter to turn the chain into jump-rings. If you have very thin jump-rings that match, you can use those. My 20G jump-rings were too thick to fit through the holes on the connector, so I used the chain. You can also just make your own jump-rings using a thin parawire.
- Attach the bottom of the connector, to the jump-ring on the crystal, with two links of chain, repeat for the second set.
- Attach the last two links of chain to the top of the connector and attach that to the earwire with the small jump-ring, repeat for the second set.
We also have a Baroque Pendant (16x11mm) in Ruby Brandy which is equally as gorgeous!
Which one do you prefer?