This necklace is so Downton Abbey, don’t you think? It’s also good Valentine’s day jewelry inspiration. I’ve been enjoying wearing long necklaces myself lately and I feel like they can absolutely be the highlight of an outfit.
This long and elegant necklace features a beautiful Wild Heart Pendant, with the asymmetrical look of using 2 different chains and attaching drops to just one side.
- 1 x 27mm 6240 Wild Heart Pendant Crystal Lilac Shadow
- 6” x Bronze 20GA Wire
- 2 x 12mm 6240 Wild Heart Pendant Crystal Lilac Shadow
- 2 x Bail – Vine Briolette Large Antique Gold
- 12 x 4mm Round Crystal Lilac Shadow
- 12 x Heishi – Beaded Seedbead 8/0 Antique Gold
- 12 x Head Pin 2″ 21G Brass
- 1 x Jumpring – Round 8mm, 18G Gold Plate
- 16 x Jumpring – Round 4mm, 20G Gold Plate
- 1 x Clasp Set – Radiant Bright Gold
- 16” x Floating Circles Chain Gold Matte
- 16” x Figaro Triple Strand Chain Gold Plate
- Cut your 6” of wire and run it through your large heart pendant. bend both ends straight up and create a wrapped loop with both ends to create a bail.
- Cut both of your chains to 16” long.
- Open your one large jump-ring, and slide onto it the heart pendant, and one end of each chain.
- Use two x 4mm jump-rings to attach the clasp to both ends of the chain.
- With your 12 headpins, 12 round crystals, and 12 Heishi, create 12 drops with one crystal and one heishi on each drop, with a simple loop on the top of each.
- Pinch your briolette bails onto your small heart pendants. Finish this job using a nylon jaw pliers to pinch down tight with your marring your metal or crystal. You can view A video here showing how to do this.
- Using your remaining 4mm jump-rings, attach your two heart drops and your 12 crystals drops you’ve made to the large oval links in the Figaro Triple Strand Chain.
- This necklace measures about 33-34” in length. You can certainly adjust this length to your liking.
- The Wild Heart Pendants come in a handful of colors, so choose the ones you want to work with!
- You could easily substitute any chains you would like.
Use this as inspiration to make a great necklace of your own.