St. Patrick’s day is coming, so I thought it to be a perfect time to create some jewelry with the delightful Swarovski clover pendants. I love the look of the lustrous crystals with the natural and organic look of the leather and brass oxide components.
Have you ever spent time in a field of clovers looking for a lucky four leaf one? I certainly have….I can’t say I’ve personally ever found one, however I did have a friend who did, pressed it, and has kept it in his wallet for years! Did you know that they estimate that for every 10,000 three leaf clovers, there is one, four leaf clover. Perhaps if I lay my eyes on another 5,000, I can find one of my own?
I found this fun fact in a Wikipedia article on Four-leaf clovers. In this same article, I found this to be some sweet knowledge to have:
“The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover. According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. In addition, each leaf is believed to represent something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.”
You can read this article here.
Have you ever found a four leaf clover yourself? Where did you find it? Did it bring you good luck? If you have a four leaf clover story, share it with us in the comments below!
- 2 x 6764 19mm Clover Pendant – Dark Moss Green
- 2 x Vintaj 20x9mm Ear Wires Arched
- 2 x Jumpring Round 5mm, 16G Brass Oxide
- 2 x Bead – Spiral Euro Brass Oxide
- 4 x 6mm Bicone Dark Moss Green
- 3” x Vintaj Bronze 20GA Wire
- Cut two pieces of wire each about 1&½” long. Create a simple loop with your round nose pliers at the end of each one. On your wire, put a 6mm bicone bead, a spiral euro bead, and another 6mm bicone bead. Complete the end with another simple loop, trimming any excess wire.
- Open your jumpring, and on it put one of your clover pendant, and one end of the link you just created. Close your jumpring. Repeat with the other one.
- Open your earwires to slide your earring drops on.
- 1 x 6764 28mm Clover Pendant – Dark Moss Green
- 1 x 5mm Round Small Barrel Magnetic Clasp – Antique Brass
- 1 x Pinch Bail – Spiral Large Brass Oxide
- 16” x 5mm Round Leather Cord Distressed Green (or longer for a longer necklace)
- Super New Glue
- Slide your pinch bail over the leather you cut, and place the little ‘nubs’ on the inside of the bail into the hole of your crystal pendant. Use your fingers to pinch down and tighten the bail onto the crystal. You can gently use your nylon jaw pliers to pinch it down, if you feel that is necessary. You want the ‘nubs’ well inside the hole of the crystal, but you don’t want to pinch it own too tight that it damages the crystal, or restricts movement. The crystal should still be able to move from side to side.
- Put about two drops of new glue into one end of the magnetic clasp and push the end of your leather cord into it. Hold the pieces together tightly for about a minute until the glue has set. Repeat with the other side.
Have fun creating!