I really adore designing with pearls. I have always loved using natural pearls, however I tend to reach for Swarovski pearls more often. Besides the luscious colors they are offered in, they lend the benefit of uniformity, plus they are offered in a variety of sizes all the while maintaining a soft and natural look. More and more they seem to be a go-to for me when I am creating.
I’ve had my eye on these Large Iridescent Green Pearls for a while, and I’m so happy with how this necklace turned out. The green iridescent pearls are large hole pearls, which can be really handy in some designs depending on what you are wanting to do. I didn’t need them to have large holes for this project however, what I was drawn to is that they are 16mm and I love big beads! I think they look completely luxurious paired with the gold and brown in this design.
- 6 x 8mm Princess Cut Crystal Golden Shadow
- 10 x Beadcap – Radiant Cap 13mm Large Hole Bright Gold
- 5 x 16mm Large Hole Iridescent Green Pearl
- 1’ x 49 Strand .018 Diameter Clear 30′
- 2 x Crimp Bead 2×2 Gold Filled
- 2 x Gold Plated Wire Protectors .021 ID
- 5’ x 7/16″ Hand Dyed Silk Ribbon – Golden Maple
- 2 x Jump Ring 9mm – Textured Circle Antique Gold
- Run your wire through a crimp bead, a wire protector and back through the crimp bead. Use your crimping pliers to crimp the bead.
- String your beads in the following order: princess crystal, beadcap, pearl, beadcap, princess crystal, beadcap, pearl, beadcap… and continue until you have used all the beads listed, the last bead strung being a princess crystal.
- Slide a crimp bead and a wire protector onto the end. Run the wire back through the crimp bead, and the end crystal. Pull this taught, then crimp the bead using your crimping pliers. Trim any excess wire.
- Open your jumprings and attach one to each wire protector at the ends of the strand you just completed.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon about 2&½’ long each (longer of you want a longer necklace). Run a ribbon through each of the jump-rings so that you essentially have two long ribbons on each side.
- To wear, simply tie the ribbons behind your neck in a bow… it looks beautiful from the back too! If you’ve got long hair, wear it up!