There are a few things in the shop that come to mind when I think about Halloween… the Lolita Cameos, Glow-In-The-Dark beads and the Howlite Skulls. Since I used the first two in our Halloween Earring Kits last year, I thought I would incorporate some Howlite Skulls this time around.
I’ve also had my eye on the Leather/Suede Tassels and the very pretty Tudor Roses. And that’s how it all pretty much came together. The main thing was figuring out what to use at the top of the tassels that wasn’t too big or too small but just right.
Materials for the Green/Brown/Purple Pair:
- 2 x 4mm Suede Leather Tassel Small – Rust
- 2 x Rustic Crimp Tube with Loop 10x5mm Antique Silver
- 2 x Howlite Skull Bead – 18mm Olive
- 2 x Tudor Roses – Antique Lilac
- 1 pair Earwires SS / 2mm Crystal Tanzanite
- 2 Eye Pins 2″ 21G Nickel
- 2 x 4mm Round Violet Crystals
- 4 x 3mm Bicones Violet AB
- Crimp the middle part of the tube to the top of the tassel. Repeat for the second pair.
- To an eye pin add: a 4mm round crystal, the skull, a 3mm bicone, the rose, another 3mm bicone finish the top with a simple loop. Repeat with the other eye pin.
- Attach the tassels to the bottom and the ear wires to the top.
Materials for the Black and White Pair:
- 2 x 4mm Suede Leather Tassel Small – Black
- 2 x Cones Radiant Tall Black
- 2 x Howlite Skull Bead – 18mm Ivory
- 1 pair Earwires SS / 2mm Crystal Jet
- 2 x Eye Pin 2″ 21G Nickel
- 2 x 4mm Round Jet
- 2 x 3mm Bicone Jet
- Attach the eye pin to the top of the tassel. Repeat for the second pair.
- To this add: the cone, a 4mm round crystal, the skull, a 3mm bicone. Finish the top with a simple loop. Repeat with the other eye pin/tassel.
- Attach the ear wires to the top.
- You could glue some of these little Swarovski Crystal Chatons in the eyes for a different look and a little extra bling.
- If you want to go bold, you could add these Antique Red Coral Tudor Roses to the black and white pair.
- Feel free to mix and match any colors you like of skulls, tassels, roses, crystals etc. So many options… what would you choose?