Did you know all Nunn Design is still 25% off on BelloModo.com until Sunday? Today and tomorrow we’ll be highlighting projects you can make with their Itsy line, which is just as cute as it sounds. (Check back tomorrow for a super simple project that mixes the Itsy line with Swarovski Flatback Crystals!)
Pre-stringing the Toho triangles makes placing the beads easier, and color blocking emphasizes the lines of the rectangle charm. I love the slight irregularity of how the triangle beads sit—it adds so much visual interest and catches the light in great ways.
- 2 Nunn Design Itsy Single Loop Rectangles in Antique Gold
- 1 tube Toho 11/0 Triangles in Navajo White OPL (#122)
- 1 tube Toho 11/0 Triangles in Higher-Metallic Amethyst (#502)
- 1 tube Toho 11/0 Triangles in Jet OP (#49)
- 1 package Vintaj Vogue French Ear Wires
- 1 package 4.5 mm Small Jump Rings in Antique Gold (optional)
- Thread—I used One-G (it will not be in the final product, so color doesn’t matter)
- A needle for stringing
- Glue (not pictured): I used Gem Tack, we also suggest Nunn Silicone Glue
- Cut two approximately 4″ lengths of thread (the thread will be discarded, so exact length isn’t important). On each thread, string 4 black beads, 4 amethyst beads, and 4 white beads.
- Place a thin layer of glue in the bottom of your bezel.
- Using the thread as a guide to keep your beads even, place your first string of beads lengthwise in the bezel. Adjust the individual beads as necessary.
- Place the second string of beads lengthwise in the bezel and adjust.
5. One at a time, carefully pull both threads out of the beads.
6. Repeat for second rectangle. Make sure you place your beads the same way—I accidentally did mine in two different directions the first time!
So I made two sets, one running each direction 🙂
7. Add your earwires, either attaching them directly to the rectangle or by attaching with two jump rings, per your personal preference.
And voila! What do you think? What other things would you set into one of these Itsy charms?
Let us know in the comments—one randomly-drawn commenter will win a kit to make a pair of these earrings! For an extra entry, leave a comment on our Itsy Colorblocked Triangle Earrings Facebook post.
(Kit will include rectangle charms, beads, earwires, and jumprings—you will need your own glue, needle, and thread. Giveaway is open to US readers only, sorry! We will draw the winner on Monday, November 16th at noon Pacific time.)