Chunky keychains can be a polarizing topic—you either love them (they make finding your keys so easy!) or hate them (so chunky!). Either way, I think these keychains are eye-catching and beautiful. They’re a great place to play with color combinations.
With so many colors of leather and O-rings to choose from, plus a huge selection of charms and sliders, the possibilities are endless. Also, all licorice leather and ceramic sliders are 25% off this week at Bello Modo!
- Approximately 3″ Regaliz Licorice Leather
- 1 set Regaliz end clasps—pictured above are V-End Clasps; you can also use Straight End Clasps
- 1 Regaliz slider (pictured above is the Daisy Slider)
- 1 Key Ring or 44.5mm Lobster Clasp
- 4-6 12mm O-Rings in the colors of your choice
- 2-4 charms—this keychain features the Mini Star Charm, Conch Charm, and Primitive Heart Charm by Nunn Design
- 1 package Nunn Design 6mm Textured Jump Rings in Antique Gold
- 1 package Nunn Design 8mm Large Jump Rings in Antique Gold
- Glue (not pictured)—I used Super New Glue
- Slide your slider to the center of your piece of leather.
- Add O-rings on either side to hold it in place.
- Use Super New Glue to glue end clasps onto each end of the leather and let dry.
4. Use 6mm textured jump rings to attach your charms to one of the end clasps.
Chunky keychains—love ’em or hate ’em? What are your favorite color combinations? Let us know in the comments!