I wish you could reach through your screen to feel the amazing combination of textures in this bracelet. It’s made with leather and a Ginger Steel ceramic slider, both of which are 25% off through Friday!
This color combination reminds me a little of Western wear, like bolo ties and bridles, but you could also switch the colors of the leather and the slider for all sorts of looks.
- 15″ Brown Braided Leather Cord (this made a 7″ bracelet that fit comfortably on a 6″ wrist—you may want more or less leather depending on your wrist size)
- 1 Ginger Steel Art Bead Slider—I used Dotted X in Turquoise
- 4 Rubber O-Rings in the colors of your choice
- 1 T-Bar Clasp in Antique Silver
- Glue (not pictured)
- Fold your leather in half and slide the oval half of the clasp over both strands of the leather to make an inch-long loop at one end.
- Slide two O-rings over both strands of the leather.
- Slide the slider onto the leather.
- Slide the other two O-rings onto the leather and then gently center the slider and O-rings to the center of the bracelet.
5. Dry fit the other ends of the leather into the T-Bar clasp and try the bracelet on. If the length is right, glue the T-Bar clasp on securely. Make sure you glue the clasp on in the correct direction: the flat oval should face up (see the picture below).
That’s it! Let your bracelet dry and then try it on. It’s a great mix of casual and dressy, don’t you think?
Have you checked out the Ginger Steel sliders? Which is your favorite?