I recently watched the mini-series War and Peace, and am feeling heavily influenced by the lavish costumes and jewelry displayed on the show. This filigree is one of the newest introductions to the Designers Collection from Vintaj Natural Brass. When I saw it I ran to get a pair of Swarovski #6106 Pear Pendants and was pleased to see they fit perfectly in the center opening.
So now I had the filigree and the pendant, all I needed was to choose patina colors. I was inspired to use a blend of Amethyst and Opalite, and chose the Crystal Purple Haze finished Pear pendants for a perfect match. I chose the chain to finish with but you could easily use jump rings instead. Simple but gorgeous! If you make a pair we’d love to see your finished creations!
- 2 Filigree Heirloom Layering Window
- 2 Jump rings
- 2 jump rings
- 2-3″ Small Cable Chain
- a pair of Ear Wires
- Patinas, I used Opalite and AmethystTools
- 1 pair of #6106 16mm Pear Pendants I used Crystal Purple Haze
- Metal Reliefing Block
- Silicone Sheet to work on or other surface
- Paint brush to apply patinas
- A Set of pliers to open and close jump rings