When I look at these beautiful Black Gold Amazonite ovals, I see an image of a deep, wave-capped ocean with a blue sky above, like a 19th century seascape painting.
This style of semi-precious stone beads are often used as a whole strand, or as part of a larger piece, but I wanted to make something to showcase the individual beauty of each stone. I decided to delicately suspend these 13x18mm ovals in hammered gold drops using fine chain. I think they turned out very simple and incredibly beautiful—all thanks to the incredible quality of the Black Gold Amazonite. Try making a pair to show off your favorite stone today.
- 1 package Wire Frame Large Drops in Antique Gold
- 1 strand Black Gold Amazonite – 13×18 Ovals
- 1 package 2″ 21G Bright Brass Eye Pins
- 1 foot Small Delicate Cable Chain in Antique Gold
- 1 package Jump Ring 4.5mm – Small Antique Gold
- 1 package Vintaj Vogue French Ear Wire
- Hammer the wire frames flat.
- Add oval stone bead to an eye pin and make a loop on top—the loops on the bottom and top should face opposite directions from each other, as you see in the picture.
- Open the bottom loop of the eye pin and attach to bottom of wire frame.
4. Cut a length of chain that is 10 links long.
5. Attach bottom of chain to top loop of eye pin.
6. Use a jump ring to attach top of chain to top loop of wire frame. Use pliers to slightly flatten the jump ring so it sits more flush with the wire frame: see picture above.
7. Attach earwires directly to top loop of wire frame, or attach with jump rings for more movement.