I love affirmation jewelry because it makes a great gift that’s both heartfelt and wearable. It sends a warm message for everyone to see, and it’s also just plain cute!
I usually only think to put word charms on bracelets and necklaces, so this use of them was a nice way to switch things up a bit! The chain we used is also interesting in its varying textures. I love how it looks like two different types of chain were used, even though it’s all actually part of the same strand! These earrings make a great gift for a daughter who’s going off to college, a mom whose kids are heading off to school for the first time, for a friend, or even for yourself.
2 Three Petal Flower Beads in Blue Silk / Orange Picasso
2 TierraCast “Love” Drop Charms in Antique Gold
1 TierraCast “Grow” Drop Charm in Antique Copper
6 Jumprings in Brass Oxide
1 ft Floating Circles Chain in Antique Copper
2 Vintaj Earwires
2 Headpins in Brass Oxide
- Take your chain and cut it so that there is one section of single-strand chain, connected to another the three-strand chain, with the three strands hanging freely.
- Attach a jumpring to each of the three ends of small chain.
- Attach the “Love” to one strand, connecting to the jumpring. Then, add either the “Grow” or “Imagine” charm to the another.
- Add a three-petal flower bead to a headpin. Loop the headpin before trimming it, so that you have excess metal to work with.
- Wrap the excess headpin around the loop twice for a finished look, then trim.
- Attach the loop you just made to the remaining chain and jumping.
- At the top of the single-strand chain, attach an earwire.
- Repeat the steps for your second earring.
Something about these earrings gives me the warm-fuzzies! You can also choose any charm you’d like, so your earrings can be totally one-of-a-kind.
Who would you make these earrings for, any why? Tell us in the comments! 🙂