The 4th of July is right around the corner, so these fun, festive, and casual chic earrings are right in time! Most of the components are Vintaj Natural Brass, and the stars are patinaed with Vintaj Marble Patina and sanded to bring up the contrast, easy peasy!
- 2 x Vintaj Star Charm #DP191
- 6 x 6mm Fire-polished Beads (We used Red: K0189 & Blue: 94105)
- 12 x 11/0 HMSB in White (you could use any white, the metal just shines nice)
- 2 x Jump Ring 20.5mm #JR116
- 14 x 7mm Rib Cable Jump Rings #JR107
- 1 foot Chain #CH0001
- 6 x Headpins #HP1
- 2 x Earwires #ER20
- Marble Patina
- Sanding Block
If you are not familiar with using and applying patina, here are the basic steps:
- Shake the bottle of patina to mix it up. I like to use a Silicone sheet to work on, makes clean up so easy, but a piece of paper works great too, and you can just toss it after you are done.
- Put a generous dot of patina on your work surface, maybe 1/2″ in diameter or less. Using a paint brush dip into the patina and apply to the stars, getting a generous coating on both of them.
- Let them dry about 10 minutes. 10 minutes is plenty of time, its best not to let it get too hard as it is then harder to remove off the high spots with the sander.
- Now, using the dark side of the Vintaj Reliefing Sanding Bock, sand off the patina on all the ridges of the star. Once you are satisfied with the way they look, buff with the white side to buff the high spots to a shine.
Made for us by Lindsey Stockert